Monday, June 25, 2012

Brisbane Meet Up: Born to Knit

Brisbane Meet Up: Learn to knit for a great cause!

The Born to Knit campaign asks supporters to knit woollen blankets and squares for vulnerable children. Their aim this year is 6,500 beautiful, warm blankets.Through their programs in Australia and in countries such as Laos and Cambodia, all knitted blankets donated to the Born to Knit campaign will make their way into the arms of caring mothers.



The Born to Knit campaign runs from 1 June - 30 September, we'll be having a few meet ups during this time where you can come along and learn or practice your knitting and contribute a square for the Born to Knit campaign.



Another group of granny squarists ready to take on the world after Brown Owls this morning, hoot!
Our last meet up (thanks to all who came along!)

Meet Up Details
Date: Sunday 1 July 2012

Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm

Venue: Carindale Library, Westfield Carindale, 1151 Creek Road, Carindale
What to Bring: 
4mm needles and 8ply 100% pure wool.
For those who would like to get a head start each square should be 20cm x 20cm (44 stitches wide, 88 rows high). Final blanket size should be around 80 x 80cm.
More details and the Born to Knit guidelines are here

You can drop squares off to Brown Owls at any of the meet ups from now until the end of September or send them directly to Born to Knit.

Tea and coffee will be provided but feel free to show off your baking skills by bringing along a plate for morning tea :)

RSVP: By Friday 29 June to brisbanebrownowls@gmail.com or leave a comment on this post.
See you then!

4 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Yay! I can come to this one... I'd love to join in the knitting if anyone is willing to teach me how...

Susie Bate said...

Hurrah - I can come to this one too (finally)! I already have a couple of squares to donate and will bring my sticks with me. Melanie, I would be more than happy to sit next to you and be your knitting buddy :)

Alaine said...

I'm a first timer but I should be able to come to this one.

edward and lilly said...

Yay Melanie, will be so good to have you along.

And thanks Susie, I'm keeping you in mind as I'm sure there'll be a few who will need an extra hand, one on one is always the best way to learn :)

Looking forward to meeting you Alaine!